HeavyMetal Vee Revision History
The following changes were made in V2.21 R3:
- Corrected BV of iNarc ammo to be 0.
The following changes were made in V2.21 R2:
- Eliminated calculation of C3 BV, as it must now be calculated based on
units in the network.
- Updated Offensive Speed Factor calculation for Supercharger according to
- Corrected where NARC pods were not considered as explosive.
The following changes were made in V2.21 R1:
- Corrected some weapon properties that affect calculation of BV.
The following changes were made in V2.21 R0:
- Updated BV, costs, etc. for BV from Tactical Handbook, etc.
- Fine-tuned BV calculation formulas and constants.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R5:
- Corrected a problem with screen sizing and operation on monitor displays
resolutions over 2048 x 1536 in size.
- Revised artillery Battle Values in accordance with the latest errata.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R4:
- Put back in BV correction code on record sheets, inadvertently removed.
- Put back in Custom Weapon indicator (*) on record sheets, inadvertently
- Corrected the ammo BV of Light ACs, crits of HV AC/2 (THB) and LB 5-X
The following changes were made in V2.20 R3:
- Due to a recent rules change, Defensive equipment can not be halved when
mounted in the rear, like Offensive weapons. Therefore, Anti-Missile systems
are always counted at full value.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R2:
- Clan Light Active Probes were corrected to be considered Defensive, rather
than Offensive, equipment. Sorry. Missed 'em.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R1a (data files change only):
- Clan Active Probes were corrected to be considered Defensive, rather
than Offensive, equipment.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R1:
- The BV of LB 20-X AC ammo, both Clan and Inner Sphere, were corrected to
a value of 30.
- Beagle Active Probes were corrected to be considered Defensive, rather
than Offensive, equipment.
- Note: Although these changes actually involved only the two weapon data
files, I also changed the program revision as well, to better keep track of
whether the changes had been applied or not.
The following changes were made in V2.20 R0:
- The FIRST version which uses the new Battle Value (BV2) calculations
from the BattleTech TechManual.
- Slightly revised BVs, as published in the above source, for certain
weapons are now included.
- The revised BV calculations, as outlined in both the latest PDF release
of the TechManual, and including yet-to-be-released errata, are
- The revised BV Skill Multiplier Table, available at this time only in
yet-to-be-released errata, is also included, when modifying skills in
Rosters, on record sheets, etc.
- NOTE: This release includes only the same weapons as previous,
and none of the new equipment from the TechManual. Only the BV
numbers are changed, where they have bee modified for those weapons.
All Releases Above this point have the new Battle Value 2 calculations
All Releases Below have the original Battle Value
The following changes were made in V2.07 R8:
- Corrected where BV, cost, etc. were not being printed on record sheets.
This error was introduced when making a custom release for TPTB to leave
this information off.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R7:
- Corrected a problem with screen sizing and operation on monitor displays
resolutions over 2048 x 1536 in size.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R6:
- Corrected crits of HV AC/2 (THB) and LB 5-X (THB).
The following changes were made in V2.07 R5:
- Fixed where to-hit mods over +1 were not considered when calculating
custom weapon Battle Value.
- Fixed where total internal structure points, and BV, did not include the
2 Rotor points on VTOLs.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R4:
- Fixed an bug that sometimes displayed the wrong faction usage after
loading a design.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R3:
- Added new optional icon to exe for use on desktop, etc., thanks to Xedis
- Changed background color on tabs for more contrast.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R2:
- Eliminated the custom weapon number limitation when Absorbing weapons
from an existing design into the custom weapons database from the Weapon
The following changes were made in V2.07 R1:
- Eliminated testing code that hard-coded the \Vehicles directory to
and caused problems on startup if that folder was not in use.
The following changes were made in V2.07 R0:
- The maximum number of custom weapons in the custom weapons databases has
been about tripled, to approximately 120 each for Inner Sphere and Clan.
The following changes were made in V2.06 R0:
- Fixed where VTOLs with reinforced internal structure showed the armor
with the same dot type.
- Added a feature where you can batch print record sheets from the Roster
screen with blank areas where skills are normally printed, to be filled in
prior to play.
- Added Check for Updates on Help menu, to make updating the program
easier and quicker.
The following changes were made in V2.05 R8:
- Now Streak LRMs are considered in calculating the BattleForce2 "if"
(indirect fire) indicator.
- Fixed where "if" (indirect fire) BattleForce2 indicator wasn't always
showing with I.S. LRMs.
The following changes were made in V2.05 R7:
- Added Streak LRMs (OS) to weapons database.
- Now allow decimal tons entry on International systems using a comma for
the decimal separator, for mass, armor mass and custom weapons.
The following changes were made in V2.05 R6:
- Fixed where red light indicating an illegal design came on when locking
- Added new printer setup code, so that printer settings can be made
within the program for Windows XP and 2000 (previous code didn't always work
correctly with these versions, but worked fine with Windows95/98/Me).
The following changes were made in V2.05 R5:
- Fixed a stupid oversight concerning Heavy Gauss Rifles, where once one
was mounted, the flag didn't clear when it was removed. Sorry. :-(
The following changes were made in V2.05 R4:
- Now Heavy Gauss Rifles require Fusion engines, and cannot be used with
The following changes were made in V2.05 R3:
- Fixed so can now have more than 1 MASH theaters, etc. on Rear Options of
- Now 0.5 is always rounded up when correcting Battle Value for skills.
The following changes were made in V2.05 R2:
- Added provision for HMAero and HMBA files in BattleForce2 module.
The following changes were made in V2.05 R1:
- Fixed occasional problem with mouseover of file
The following changes were made in V2.05 R0:
- Fixed where long vehicle names wouldn't always show up
in tool tips on Open screen.
- Corrected a problem with rear/front BV comparison in
- Fixed where Artillery weapons were incorrectly
included in C3 BV.
- Updated copyright information.
The following changes were made in V2.04 R2:
- Fixed problems with batch printing a roster when using
designs stored in multiple directories.
- Corrected some tooltip displays.
- Fixed where the second turret on Level 3 designs could
remain after changing to Level 2 or 1.
- Now include information about any extra crew on the
- Now consider rear-mounted weapons at half normal
battle value, when calculating BV.
The following changes were made in V2.04 R1:
- Fixed where items and tons of targeting computer on
text TRO was not properly aligned, although the values were correct.
- Fixed where with vehicles with over 999 total armor
points, the armor shown on the text TRO was not shown correctly.
- Added VSOCX.OCX to Update file to help eliminate
problems with older installations.
The following changes were made in V2.04 R0:
- Fixed where Refind wouldn't work when number of
vehicles were specified.
- Fixed where Help > Search for, could crash programs on
- Fixed a small error in BattleForce2 medium range
damage of MRMs.
- Fixed where long lines without spaces in fluff text
could hang Text TRO.
- Fixed some incorrect BattleForce2 Battle Value skill
- Fixed a bug where engine weight sometimes didn't
update when lowering rules level, going from XXL to XL engine.
The following changes were made in V2.03 R1:
- Added the ability to have custom missile weapons which
utilize Artemis FCS.
- Fixed a couple display problems on BattleForce2 screen
with aero vessels.
- Fixed some inconsistent labeling on Select Bitmap
The following changes were made in V2.03 R0:
- Corrected and updated Help file with new equipment,
including equipment from Maximum Tech.
- Fixed where fluff text could be cut off on saved Text
- Fixed where Body Inventory items with zero mass were
spaced incorrectly on record sheet.
- Fixed where "if" tag in BattleForce2 record sheet
could be displayed with LR = 0, if damage was non-zero but under .5 point.
- Fixed where deleted Custom weapons would show up on
Weapon Select Screen.
- Made Jump Jets on vehicles always Level 3, per the
latest official ruling. The Kanga is now Level 3.
- Now prevent adding of negative weight body inventory
equipment (but don't change any existing designs).
- Added 3132 era for MechWarrior: Dark Age record
sheets. Now allow year entry to 3200.
- Fixed where record sheet damage for certain custom
weapons wasn't shown correctly.
- Fixed where BV on Open screen didn't adjust correctly
when changing Piloting skill.
- Fixed an armor calculation problem that sometimes
- Now note in Status window if Sponsons are not
balanced, or if locked Turret is overweight.
- Corrected some Tip of Day notes.
The following changes were made in V2.02 R2:
- Changed Engine shield calculation and rounding method
to the way it was before V2.02 R0, resulting in agreement with FASA and
FanPro TROs and the way they calculate the shielding mass.
- Made some small corrections in the help file.
- Fixed where Trailer Hitches displayed as 1 ton in mass
in certain locations, even though it was not considered in the total mass,
so results in no changes to any design.
- Improved Text TRO so that fluff text wraps
automatically, resulting in better appearance when using this text in
The following changes were made in V2.02 R1:
- Fixed where Weapon Value on Tech Info screen would not
update properly when manually moving weapons up and down in the listing.
- Added code to correct wrong eras/years (like 0).
- Fixed where LRM and SRM OS weapons could have Artemis
(what a waste, huh?).
- Fixed where Rocket Launchers were explodable,
affecting Battle Value calculations.
- Fixed where on Roster screen, you couldn't cursor up
and down in vehicle listing.
- Fixed where on Roster screen, you couldn't manually
move units up and down with Ctrl-up/dn.
The following changes were made in V2.02 R0:
- Fixed where C3 BV didn't print right on record sheets
in Batch Mode.
- Added 3067 era to era dropdown lists.
- Changed engine shielding rounding to be more exact.
- Fixed where Light TAG and Light Active Probe didn't
result in BattleForce2 Specials of tag and prb.
- Changed so setting Default or All Usage unchecks Clan
and I.S. User checkboxes.
- Fixed where Vehicle Roster didn't save vehicle
Configuration, so it appeared incorrectly when loading.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R7:
- Added printing of ranges for ATM HE and ER ammo on
record sheet weapons listing.
- Added notation on record sheet about permission to
photocopy for personal use.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R6:
- Lowered minimum vehicle tons with Fractional
Accounting to 0.3 tons, allowing smaller, legal vehicles.
- Now allow higher speeds with very light vehicles.
Previous, Cruise MP was limited to 50, even though some could go faster.
- Fixed where typing in a weight which changed the
number of crewmen did not change the number in the drop-down list..
- Eliminated Anti-Personnel Pods (A-Pods) from available
equipment, as they cannot be used on vehicles.
- Fixed where custom weapons sometimes didn't show up on
manufacturing screens and TROs.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R5:
- Fixed where sometimes the text of weapons with Artemis
was too small or not visible on record sheets.
- Added 'Mech Mortars to available weapons.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R4:
- Fixed where Battle Value displayed included C3 Battle
Value, where it wasn't supposed to. (FASA's publications do not include the
- Now display the C3 Battle Value beside the C3 unit on
Record Sheets. It wasn't displayed previously/
The following changes were made in V2.01 R3:
- Now when Copying or Pasting fluff text, vehicle
picture is also copied and pasted. Great when working on OmniVehicles.
- Fixed where printing record sheet without tables for 1
vehicle with 2 turrets resulted in outer border overdrawing armor outline.
- Fixed a problem that occurred after exiting Patchwork
armor screen by hitting Cancel.
- Fixed where clicking Open on the vehicle Roster screen
without any vehicles in the roster caused an error message to appear.
- Fixed where the Works with Targeting Computer check
box was not enabled when first adding a new custom weapon.
- Added Marian Hegemony to the Usage screens.
- Fixed where using Refind with some vehicles selected
when using Tons as a basis did not Refind.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R2:
- Although I added the Clan Wolf in Exile check box, it
was still invisible. Now it's visible and usable.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R1:
- Fixed where Quantity and location of duplicate weapons
were changed to that of first weapon when changing weapon manufacturer (on
this list only).
- Improved HTML output.
The following changes were made in V2.01 R0:
- Added autoloading of double-clicked file when program
- Now show multiple C3 on BattleForce2 Specials if used.
- Fixed where Heavy Gauss Rifle variable damage was not
considered in BattleForce2 damage.
- Now only use "of" (Move or Fire) BattleForce2 modifier
- Fixed where SRM Artemis V was 1 ton and LRM Artemis IV
was 1.5 tons for calculating turret weight.
- Added Clan Wolf in Exile on Usage tabs.
- Fixed where some forms didn't appear centered over
- Fixed an error on vehicles copied from FASA record
sheets: should be Wheel Damage, Axle Destroyed, not vice versa, per BMR.
- Now when copying and pasting manufacturer data, weapon
data for identical weapons is copied too.
- Corrected TAG Weapon Value.
- Added WizKids copyright information in place of FASA.
The following changes were made in V2.00R7:
- Fixed where total slots and slots left considered
Artemis as taking up a slot, but it does not.
- Weapons with 100 shots of ammo per ton or more (like
the Heavy Machine Gun) now show in 1/2 ton increments on ammo dropdown of
weapon selection screen.
- Fixed where help contents file was looking for the
wrong help file, although the help file itself worked fine. Shows how many
of you actually use the help file. ;-)
- Fixed where the BattleForce2 unit display for vehicles
wasn't right when current vehicle was added to BF2 roster.
- Fixed where the printed BattleForce2 skill was wrong
if unit had parentheses in its name.
- Now add the "train #" transport capacity special for
BF2 roster for vehicles having cargo or infantry capacities.
- Added "of" (Move or Fire) BF2 special for units having
- Added "hq" BF2 special for units having Mobile
- Added "cool" BF2 special for units having Coolant
- Added "eng" (Engineering) BF2 special for units having
a Bulldozer blade.
- Added movement type for vehicles after movement MP on
BF2 sheets (such as T for tracked, H for hover, etc.).
- Scaling factor (on Page Setup screen) now affects the
BattleForce2 printouts as well. Some people had a problem where parts of the
BF2 record sheet printed on the next sheet.
- Fixed where damage graph and damage factors did not
consider that ELRMs do half damage for first 10 hexes.
- Fixed where damage graph and damage factors did not
consider that Heavy Gauss Rifles do damage dependant upon range.
The following changes were made in V2.00R6:
- Now pop up a window on save if Rules Level and Era
don't match (i.e. Level 3 rules on a 3025 'Mech).
- Added vehicle name to tooltip if it's too long to see
the entire name on the listings on the Open, Select and Roster screens.
- Added the ability to change Roster screen skills by
typing a 0 to 7 for Gunnery skill, or Ctrl plus 0 to 7 for piloting skills.
The skill boxes still work, but this is a quicker and neater way to change
- Updated the help file and contents files to include an
easier-to-find New Equipment page, and added all equipment from all field
manuals that are in HMVee.
- Added New Equipment to the Help menu selection.
- Went to a bi-lingual installation program (German and
English) on the full version setup (not required on the update).
- Fixed where BattleForce2 calculations did not consider
- Corrected an error on added equipment weight that
showed up on Finnish systems.
- Added more error handling.
- Fixed where Supercharger or Jet Boosters stayed
selected when changing to Level 2.
- Fixed duplicate hot keys on Manufacturing screen.
- Default usage button changed to 'All Clan' or 'All I.S.'
- Added 'X' button to close the Weapon
Manufacturer/Model listing on Manufacturing screen. This had caused some
confusion as to how best to close it.
- Fixed when canceling out of Delete All fluff still
The following changes were made in V2.00R5:
- Added display of Flank speed in addition to maximum
speed on TROs in km/h display.
- Improved saving of Open From, Save To and Save as
- Added functionality to the Properties button of the
smaller Print dialog box.
- Fixed where Refind on the vehicle selection screen
didn't properly consider selected vehicles.
- Fixed where jump jets showed more than one slot on
text and HTML TROs.
- Fixed where RAC damage shown on graph and damage
factors was too low.
- Fixed where error messages were sometimes displayed
after batch printing.
The following changes were made in V2.00R4:
- Added display of Optimum Cruise MP for Hovercraft. As
Hovercraft design rules require engine weights to be at least 20% of the
total Hovercraft mass, it's easy to undersize the engine, resulting in no
weight savings and reduced speed. This helps designers keep that from
- Deleted leftover "Beta software" statement in opening
screen (which goes by so fast on my new computer, I hadn't noticed it).
- Fixed where vehicle configurations were sometimes
wrong on Roster list printouts.
- Improved Select Vehicle operation, especially with low
number of vehicles and BV.
- Allow Repeats on Select screen wasn't working right.
- Clan UK RACs didn't switch to Level 2 when changed in
The following changes were made in V2.00R3:
- Added Field Manual: Periphery equipment.
- Fixed where VTOLs were incorrectly allowed to mount
- Now trailer hitches are only available on wheeled and
- Fixed where number of crew weren't always updated
properly when changing configuration changed vehicle weight.
- Now allow selection of Dual or Coaxial rotor blades,
in addition to standard main/tail rotors, and print this option on all
- Added the ability to locate C3 and active probes in
VTOL masts, and so indicate on printouts.
- Updated a DLL which fixes the problem with customizing
toolbars in Windows NT and 2000.
- Now require Heavy Gauss Rifles to be located in either
Front or Rear locations, and not in turrets or sides, per Field Manual
The following changes were made in V2.00R2:
- Fixed where Tip of the Day did not appear at startup.
Of course, this can be turned on or off from tat screen.
- Added tabletop range implementation to record sheet.
- Fixed where when printing one record sheet and holding
for a second, then printing the second, program did not reset for first page
- Changed email address on Help menu to new BellSouth
- Added Include Config dropdown on Advanced Open screen.
Now you can choose to view All units, All Ground units, All Naval units, or
specify a particular configuration, such as Hydrofoil or VTOL.
- Added the ability to print all weapon specs from the
custom weapon screen, an often-asked-for feature. You can print both Inner
Sphere and Clan weapons, each in separate lists, and specify a maximum rules
level to print. In addition, you can choose to include Custom weapons or
The following changes were made in V2.00R1 (this version was not posted for
- Added Points Left box for armor. If you're allocating
armor, and a portion of the armor tonnage is unused, this box shows you the
amount yet unallocated.
- Fixed a problem which caused installation problems
with some Windows95 installations.
Web site and
contents Copyright © 2013 RCW Enterprises. All rights reserved.
All HeavyMetal programs are developed by Rick Raisley of RCW
Enterprises, and Copyrighted © 2013 by RCW
Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BattleTech, BattleMech, 'Mech, AeroTech, MechWarrior and
BattleForce are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of The
Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Used under license.
Site designed and maintained by RCW Enterprises. Report any
problems or suggestions to the