HeavyMetal Aero Revision History
The following changes were made in V1.06 R7:
- Revised minimum shots per ton for Capital weapons to be 0.001 shots,
rather than 0.1 tons.
- Corrected a problem with screen sizing and operation on monitor displays
resolutions over 2048 x 1536 in size.
The following changes were made in V1.06 R6:
- Changed so that "Works with Artemis" can be selected with Level 2 custom
weapons, in addition to Level 3.
- Corrected crits of HV AC/2 (THB) and LB 5-X (THB).
The following changes were made in V1.06 R5:
- Corrected the possibility of an overflow error when viewing the Tech
The following changes were made in V1.06 R4:
- Changed structure rounding of Aerodynes to be consistent with other
The following changes were made in V1.06 R3:
- Corrected where on the Tech Info screen a design with insufficient crew
could be identified as having excess armor.
The following changes were made in V1.06 R2:
- Fixed where to-hit mods over +1 were not considered when calculating
custom weapon Battle Value.
- Fixed where K-F Integrity was calculated after it was used, resulting in
K-F cost sometimes being wrong.
The following changes were made in V1.06 R1:
- Now allow external bomb loads on Level 2 Small Craft, per page 35 of
- Fixed where a problem with the HTML output with KF drives and double
The following changes were made in V1.06 R0:
- Added a note on OmniFighters concerning increased thrust when
underweight, whether by design or by dropping Pod-mounted equipment, per the
optional rules in AT2R page 55.
- Added new optional icon to exe for use on desktop, etc., thanks to Xedis
- Changed background color on tabs for more contrast.
- Fixed where Screen Launchers didn't count toward weapon limits when
calculating fire control tons.
- Fixed where Fire Control tons was displayed incorrectly in the Fore and
Aft locations on the weapon selection screen. Actual tons were still
correct; only display in this location was wrong.
- Fixed where turns at maximum thrust was twice what it should be.
The following changes were made in V1.05 R1:
- Eliminated the custom weapon number limitation when Absorbing weapons
from an existing design into the custom weapons database from the Weapon
The following changes were made in V1.05 R0:
- The maximum number of custom weapons in the custom weapons databases has
been almost tripled, to approximately 100 each for Inner Sphere and Clan.
The following changes were made in V1.04 R3:
- Added a feature where you can batch print record sheets from the Roster
screen with blank areas where skills are normally printed, to be filled in
prior to play.
- Added Check for Updates on Help menu, to make updating the program
easier and quicker.
The following changes were made in V1.04 R2:
- Now Streak LRMs are considered in calculating the BattleForce2 "if"
(indirect fire) indicator.
- Changed AMS ammo shots per ton back to their original values, otherwise
designs using them would be overweight due to changed values. To use the
optional ammo usage rule in AT2r, just mark off a half ton of ammo for each
time the AMS is fired, not 1 shot and do not roll as per normal CBT rules.
The following changes were made in V1.04 R1:
- Now allow the comma to be entered as the decimal separator on
International systems, for vessel armor, cargo and custom weapon mass.
- Fixed some mixed tech and other attack values.
- Revised AMS ammo usage to indicate 2 shots per ton, per AT2r rules.
(This turned out to be a mistake, and was fixed in V1.04 R2, above.)
The following changes were made in V1.04 R0:
- Added "Absorb" button to Capital Weapon Screen, so that custom weapons
can be brought into the custom weapon database for capital weapons as well
- Fixed where adding a Heavy Gauss Rifle could make DropShips and
AeroSpace Fighters illegal.
- Added new printer setup code, so that printer settings can be made
within the program for Windows XP and 2000 (previous code didn't always work
correctly with these versions, but worked fine with Windows95/98/Me).
The following changes were made in V1.03 R6:
- Fixed a stupid oversight concerning Heavy Gauss Rifles, where once one
was mounted, the flag didn't clear when it was removed. Sorry. :-(
The following changes were made in V1.03 R5:
- Now Heavy Gauss Rifles require Fusion engines, and cannot be used with
Turbine engines on Conventional Fighters.
The following changes were made in V1.03 R4:
- Fixed where on Weapon Screen for Spheroid Small Craft, side locations
were not noted as Wing arcs, as they should be in the rules. Other locations
in the program had them correct.
- Fixed where saving a Level 3 Conventional Fighter over 50 tons could
changes to Level 2 rules.
- Now 0.5 is always rounded up when correcting Battle Value for skills.
The following changes were made in V1.03 R3:
- Added provision for HMAero and HMBA files in BattleForce2 module.
The following changes were made in V1.03 R2:
- Fixed where number of doors could overlap other text on TRO printouts.
The following changes were made in V1.03 R1:
- Fixed occasional problem with mouseover of file listing.
The following changes were made in V1.03 R0:
- Fixed where Conventional fighters didn't get 10
cockpit armor in AeroTech rules.
- Updated copyright information.
The following changes were made in V1.02 R2:
- Added automatic dimension calculating when changing
vessel weights. The dimensions are based on existing designs, and work
pretty neat, I think. Of course, you can change them as you like, overriding
- Now the "+Artemis" is not shown on Available Weapons
listing on Large Craft. As Artemis is an option added to those weapons, it
was confusing to have it in the listing as well.
- Fixed where the cost of external stores wasn't
included in many places in the program.
The following changes were made in V1.02 R1:
- Fixed where Thrust was not shown for WarShips or
Monitors on the Open screen, when that option was chosen.
- Fixed an error in Battle Value calculation screen
where too many heat sinks were sometimes shown.
The following changes were made in V1.02 R0:
- Fixed where selecting Help > Search for, could crash
- Fixed where Artemis V Battle Value was displayed wrong
on BV calculation screen.
- Fixed where nose armor text overwrote cockpit armor on
- Fixed where long lines in fluff text without spaces
could hang Text TRO.
- Updated Capital weapon ranges per latest (AT2.5)
- Fixed some incorrect BattleForce2 Battle Value skill
The following changes were made in V1.01 R0:
- Added 3132 era, and now allow year entry to 3200.
- Fixed where Small Craft burn days was calculated
- Fixed some improper labeling on Custom Engine screen.
- Fixed where Artemis SRM damage was wrong.
- Fixed when BattleForce2 "if" tag could be displayed
with zero LR damage.
- Fixed where record sheet damage of some custom weapons
wasn't displayed correctly.
- Corrected and updated help file with new equipment.
- Now prevent Level 1 and 2 DropShips from having Grav
- On Weapon Select Screen, pressing Show All now sets
both Capital and Standard weapons.
- Fixed where custom Artillery weapons changed to AMS
- Fixed a couple display problems on BattleForce2 screen
with aero vessels.
- Fixed a number of errors in the HTML output.
- Fixed incorrect thousands separator on Finnish systems
(yeah, people in Finland buy HM products! ;-).
The following changes were made in V1.00 R3:
- Corrected an error in the VSTOL calculations that was
added into V1.00 R2.
The following changes were made in V1.00 R2:
- Added All Fighters and All DropShips to Open vessel
- Now Small Craft filter on Open screen shows only Small
Craft (100-200 tons), and not fighters.
- Fixed where large craft weapon listing got messed up
when exiting Weapon Selection screen with the X rather than the Close
- Made some small corrections in the help file.
- Now round VSTOL tons up to nearest .5 tons, when
fractional accounting is not used.
- Minimum Thrust on Select Vessels screen couldn't be
set to zero, which could eliminate space stations and JumpShips from the
- Now don't add in fire control cost of 100,000 C-bills
unless the vessel has some weapons.
- Fixed where HPG and LF Batteries weren't recognized as
Level 2 on some occasions, so could disappear and set rules to Level 1 on
save, if vessel had no other Level 2 equipment.
The following changes were made in V1.00 R1:
- Added Monitor to Open Screen advanced vessel type
- Now Rules Set just says BattleSpace or AeroTech, and
not AeroTech/BattleSpace, when designing non-AeroTech2 craft.
- Fixed where errors could occur when Optimizing a
design with negative tons left.
- Added better error handling in the Optimize routine
- Fixed where Text TRO showed some AR10 bays left from
- Fixed where for Monitors, the number of docking
collars required sometimes rounded improperly.
- Changed BattleForce2 fighter classes to conform to
- Fixed where fighter BattleForce2 factors were wrong
when unit was added from the main or select screens (they were okay from
Open or Roster screens).
- Fixed where total number of weapons in Armament area
of HTML TRO did not consider weapons from both sides of certain designs.
- Fixed where Optimize routine didn't work right if
craft had a Towing Adapter.
- Fixed where saved Text TRO chopped the ends of lines
short. Displayed and text copied to clipboard, and printed from the program,
- Made changes to allow more weapons lines (for all you
- Likewise increased the maximum number of heat sinks to
handle all those extra weapons.
- Fixed where deleted custom weapons still appeared in
the Available listing.
- Fixed where custom weapons weren't always identified
on screen with asterisks (*).
- Fixed where message was wrong when trying to add
Repair Bays to non Space Stations at Levels 1 or 2.
- Fixed where some Attack Values in Available listing of
Small Craft Weapon Selection Screen were slightly off.
- Corrected the Invader (PPC Variant) file.
Web site and
contents Copyright © 2013 RCW Enterprises. All rights reserved.
All HeavyMetal programs are developed by Rick Raisley of RCW
Enterprises, and Copyrighted © 2013 by RCW
Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BattleTech, BattleMech, 'Mech, AeroTech, MechWarrior and
BattleForce are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of The
Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Used under license.
Site designed and maintained by RCW Enterprises. Report any
problems or suggestions to the